Organized by the Coalition of Asian Pacific Americans since 1979, this annual festival is the longest running and largest event celebrating Pan Asian heritage on the east coast. The festival is free and open to the public thanks to generous contributions from sponsors Verizon and Macy’s as well as from supporting companies: McDonald’s, Toyota, Con Edison, Citigroup, Different Roads to Learning, and many Asian communities and organizations.
More than 20,000 visitors are expected for an impressive lineup of performances, fun activities for children and adults alike, and savory samples of Asian cuisine. Numerous Asian American organizations will be present to inform visitors about useful services, volunteer opportunities, and resources to get involved in the community. Attendees can expect riveting performances from:
• Emcees by Ti-Hua Chang, Richard Lui, CeFaan Kim, Kelly Tsai, Michelle Yu, and Jen Kwok.
• Music performances by Hsu-nami, PaperDoll, Reni Mimura, Nina Sophia Mojares, Nuf Said ft. Ioana Vintu, and Dana Leong ft. Le Zhang
• Dance presentations by Polynesian Dance, Bollywood Axion Dance, New York Chinese Cultural Center, and Yosakoi Dance.
• Martial arts demonstrations by the Chinese Freemason Athletic Club, Kyakkokan Dojo, Blue Dragon TKD Demo Team, World Martial Arts Center, Asian United Sports Club, Moy Ving Tsung, City Wing Tsun Kung Fu, and Gao’s Kung Fu Academy.
• Appearances by Soh Daiko, critically acclaimed taiko group, specializing in Japanese drumming technique and other unique instruments. Also performing will be the Kaoru Watanabe Taiko Center and Taikoza.
• Magic shows by Ronald McDonald and Rich Kameda
• Folk Artist/Crafts people from Asian American Arts Centre
The community festival will be packed with lively entertainment, tasty eats, and valuable resources in celebration of Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month—and the rich culture, history, and accomplishments of Asian Pacific Americans.
Help us improve our website by taking a 5-minute survey with a chance to win $100!Take Survey