GrowNYC advisors and volunteers will help to reduce the environmental footprint of the IDEAS CITY StreetFest through efficient, budget-friendly recycling and waste prevention plans compliant with New York City street event recycling rules.
• Training for event maintenance crews and recycling volunteers.
• Information on composting, electronic waste, and textile recycling services.
• Recycling bin solutions.
• Proper recycling signage.
• Day-of-event staff to provide the public with recycling education and information.
• Advice on practices beyond recycling, such as green vendor policies, energy conservation, and sustainable promotion.
Over 3,500 events hit the New York City streets every year, resulting in dumpsters full of bottles, cups, fliers, food scraps, pallets, and giveaways. Events can create a LOT of waste, but they also provide an opportunity for New Yorkers to learn conservation-oriented practices and to positively impact public health at home, in the workplace, and in leisure time.
Help us improve our website by taking a 5-minute survey with a chance to win $100!Take Survey